Snowmachine Avalanche Skills Training: Level 1 Every Trip Should Be A Round Trip!
This is the course where you’ll learn how to recognize avalanche terrain and how to self rescue. This course is two days with both classroom and field components. You need to take this course first and so should your friends because just one person trained in a group is not enough. Everyone in your group should have training in avalanche recognition and avoidance. Recognize an AST 1 course is only the beginning - the avalanche pros will tell you avalanche training is a life long process.
What you will learn:
- avalanche formation and release
- identify avalanche terrain
- the basics of trip planning
- optimal use of tools and resources like the avalanche forecasts to mitigate your avalanche risk
- use appropriate travel techniques in avalanche terrain
- intro to companion rescue
Course Time: 2 days
Day 1: 8-hours highly interactive class
Day 2: 8-9 hours of hands on field exercises.